Keyed Alike & Master Key Padlocks
Secure your business equipment with a safety padlock. Our German-made padlocks are economical and have a very good quality/price ratio. These security padlocks are an effective solution for managing access to your goods thanks to their single key, pass key or combination lock.
What is the purpose of a padlock ?
Our security padlocks are particularly designed for professional, industrial, educational, sports and leisure environments or for locking lockers and cupboards. The plus of our offer: padlocks with a single key and different keys in batches, pass key padlocks and combination padlocks for some.
A security padlock is a mobile, highly resistant steel casing that can be used to protect fixed and mobile supports from any attempt at theft and break-in. For example, you can secure a two-wheeler, a locker, a chest, a piece of furniture, a door etc. The padlock is a very effective deterrent.
A padlock must have good mechanical strength of all its components (shackle, body, lock, keys). To know if a padlock is strong, it is interesting to see if it complies with the European standard EN 12320 which measures technical performance through a series of tests and then classifies it in a security class up to 6. The higher the class, the more expensive the padlock.
What are the padlocks made of ?
Our security padlocks are available in different sizes (from 20mm to 60mm wide), with small or large shackles, ideal to be fixed to any support. They are very resistant both indoors and outdoors thanks to their solid aluminium or brass body, their stainless steel interior and their case-hardened steel shackle. These materials prevent any attempt to break in.
We can personalise your padlocks by laser engraving your logo, sequential numbering or other text for maximum security.
Which padlock should I choose?
Each padlock has its advantages and disadvantages. Choose the one that best suits your needs.
- The padlock with different keys: It comes with a single key. It is therefore impossible to open several locks with the same key. It is recommended if access is managed by several people. However, there is a risk of losing the key, which would make it impossible to open the lock.
- Identical key lock (keyed alike): one key can open all locks in a batch because the locks have the same variation. The disadvantage is the same as for the first one, the loss of the key can cause problems to access the contents or the secured area.
- Combination padlock: enter a previously chosen sequence of numbers with the aid of knobs to unlock the padlock. This is the most practical lock as there is no risk of losing the key but it is also easy to forget a code. In addition, access management can be shared with other people by sharing the code.
Economical, light and resistant: the prices of our keyed padlocks or our pass key padlocks are strongly degressive by quantity and guarantee you an efficient locking for an ever higher protection of your goods.
What size padlock should I choose?
After choosing the locking system, it is important to choose the ideal size of the padlock so that it is easy to use and protects your goods correctly. A lock that is too big can be embarrassing, a lock that is too small can be difficult to install or not very secure.
Here are the different dimensions to take into account
- the total width of the padlock: The width may depend on the size of the space where the padlock will be affixed.
- the inside width of the shackle: The wider the shackle, the more space there will be to attach the padlock to the hanging bracket.
- the inner height of the shackle: Same as for the inner width.
- The thickness of the shackle: A thicker shackle provides greater resistance, but the thickness must be adapted to the size of the passage in which it will be inserted.
- The thickness of the lock: The greater the thickness, the more resistant the lock will be to break-in attempt.
How does a safety padlock work ?
A padlock consists of a body (rigid part) and a shackle (removable part). It works simply by inserting the shackle into a passageway and locking it by inserting the shackle into the hole in the body of the padlock. Once the shackle is in the hole, you must scramble your code in the case of a combination lock or remove the key from the cylinder if it is a keyed padlock. In this way, this anti-theft device will be infallible to a snatch attempt.
To open a padlock, simply do the opposite. For a combination lock, you have to make the right code by turning the knobs so that the shackle is released from the lock, and for a key lock, you just have to turn the key in the lock.
What to do if you lose your key or forget your code? Use a hacksaw to saw off the side of the shackle that is stuck in the hole. Once cut, it will be easy to open the lock. Remember to buy a new padlock before doing this to ensure the safety of your belongings.
What are the qualities of BÜRG WATCHER padlocks?
The German made Bürg Watcher padlocks have very advantageous characteristics allowing them to be very resistant.
- The Alpha and Diamond padlocks have an additional protection against drilling.
- The shackle is double-locked for added security against forced opening and pick protection.
- The Alpha, Diamond and Quadra models have a high tensile strength lock.
- Quadra padlocks have shackle pinch protection.
- The mechanism is stainless steel for long-lasting secure operation.
- Several padlocks are available in different key and single key (keyed) versions
- Combination padlocks allow you to personalise your opening code.